In the modern hair consultation, it is important to be able to objectively assess the causes of hair loss and the success of the therapy. Patients want solid evidence before making a decision for therapy.
The hair consultation with TrichoLAB and FotoFinder is based on trichoscopy and offers inspiration and concrete information for doctors and patients. The topic of hair consultation and diagnosis is important to every practice because it no longer requires a time-consuming effort. TrichoLAB has developed an easy three step process that can be performed by the assistant using FotoFinder technology: First, capture a few images. Second, upload the images to the TrichoLAB service. Last, promptly receive a detailed trichoscopic report.
It is recommended to do an initial trichoscopic examination during the first visit and then regular control examinations, e.g. three months after starting the treatment.
Trichoscopy requires no preparation of the patient, which means: no plucking, shaving or biopsy! During the examination, overview images of the scalp in the frontal, temporal and occipital area are taken as well as several microscopic images for each area. With the TrichoLAB Snap™ tool, the procedure becomes child's play! With a click of the mouse the images are transferred to the secure TrichoLAB server and evaluated there.
After statistical evaluation, the trichoscopy evaluation is performed by a member of the TrichoLAB team of physicians. The team has extensive experience in the field of trichoscopy. As a result, you will receive a detailed Trichoscopy Report with second opinion of a TrichoLAB expert to support your diagnosis. With the Choose your Expert function you can even ask one of our world experts for a second opinion.
- Acne keloidalis nuchae
- Alopecia areata
- Alopecia areata incognito
- Alopecia senilis
- Anagen effluvium
- Androgenetic alopecia
- Aplasia cutis congenita
- Central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia
- Congenital triangular alopecia
- Discoid lupus erythematosus
- Dissecting cellulitis
- Folliculitis decalvans
- Frontal fibrosing alopecia
- Lichen planopilaris
- Loose anagen syndrome
- Pseudopelade de Brocq
- Scalp psoriasis
- Seborrheic dermatitis
- Syphilitic alopecia
- Telogen effluvium
- Tinea capitis
- Traction alopecia
Whether you want to see scaling or vascularization, you benefit from a variety of visualization possibilities, polarized or non-polarized, dry or wet.
- Matthew Harries, Antonella Tosti, Wilma Bergfeld, Ulrike Blume-Peytavi, Jerry Shapiro, Gerhard Lutz, Andrew Messenger, Rodney Daniel Sinclair, Ralf Paus. 2015. Towards a consensus on how to diagnose and quantify female pattern hair loss – The ‘Female Pattern Hair Loss Severity Index (FPHL-SI)’. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology 12/2015
- Justyna Sicinska, Michal Kasprzak, Elzbieta Kowalska-Oledzka, Irena Walecka. 2015. Precision in TRICHOSCOPY. EADV Autumn Symposium, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Justyna Sicinska, Michal Kasprzak, Irena Walecka. 2015. Hair Diameter Assessment in TRICHOSCOPY – Novel Approach. EADV Spring Symposium, Valencia, Spain, Volume: 12
- Adriana Rakowska, Monika Slowinska, Malgorzata Olszewska, Lidia Rudnicka. 2014. New Trichoscopy Findings in Trichotillomania: Flame Hairs, V-sign, Hook Hairs, Hair Powder, Tulip Hairs. Acta Dermato-Venereologica 94(3): 303-306.
- Lidia Rudnicka, Malgorzata Olszewska, Adriana Rakowska. 2013. Atlas of Trichoscopy Dermoscopy in Hair and Scalp Disease. Springer Verlag.
- Shigeki Inui. 2013. Trichoscopy: A New Frontier for the Diagnosis of Hair Diseases.
- Lidia Rudnicka, Adriana Rakowska, Marta Kurzeja, Malgorzata Olszewska. 2013. Hair shafts in trichoscopy: clues for diagnosis of hair and scalp diseases. Dermatologic Clinics 31(4): 695-708.
- Lidia Rudnicka, Adriana Rakowska, Malgorzata Olszewska. 2013. Trichoscopy: how it may help the clinician. Dermatologic Clinics 31(1): 29-41.
- Mariya Miteva, Antonella Tosti. 2012. Hair and scalp dermatoscopy. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 67, no. 5:1040–1048.
- Elzbieta Kowalska-Oledzka, Monika Slowinska, Adriana Rakowska, Joanna Czuwara, Justyna Sicinska, Malgorzata Olszewska, Lidia Rudnicka. 2012. 'Black dots' seen under trichoscopy are not specific for alopecia areata. Clinical and experimental dermatology 2012 Aug;37(6): 615-9.
- Adriana Rakowska, Monika Slowinska, Elzbieta Kowalska-Oledzka, Olga Warszawik, Joanna Czuwara, Malgorzata Olszewska, Lidia Rudnicka. 2012. Trichoscopy of cicatricial alopecia. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology 11(6): 753-758.
- Lidia Rudnicka, Malgorzata Olszewska, Adriana Rakowska, Elzbieta Kowalska-Oledzka, Monika Slowinska. 2008. Trichoscopy: a new method for diagnosing hair loss. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology 7 (7): 651–654.
- Adriana Rakowska. 2009. Trichoscopy (hair and scalp videodermoscopy) in the healthy female. Method standardization and norms for measurable parameters. Journal of Dermatological Case Reports 3 (1): 14–19.
- Adriana Rakowska, Monika Slowinska, Elzbieta Kowalska-Oledzka, Lidia Rudnicka. 2008. Trichoscopy in genetic hair shaft abnormalities. Journal of Dermatological Case Reports 2 (2): 14–20.
- Lidia Rudnicka, Malgorzata Olszewska, Magdalena Majsterek, Joanna Czuwara, Monika Slowinska. 2006. Presence and future of dermoscopy. Expert Review of Dermatology 1 (6): 769.
- Ross, EK; Vincenzi, C; Tosti, A. 2006. Videodermoscopy in the evaluation of hair and scalp disorders. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 55 (5): 799–806.
- Malgorzata Olszewska, Lidia Rudnicka. 2005. Effective treatment of female androgenic alopecia with dutasteride. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology 4 (5): 637–640.