TrichoLAB provides you with detailed trichoscopic evaluations and a diagnostic conclusion from hair experts that can be used for pre-surgery qualification. The method is truly non-invasive, without clipping, depilation or biopsy. The TrichoLAB Report contains different parameters such as number of hairs, hair shaft diameter and follicular unit distribution. The trichoscopy examination is extremely easy: With the TrichoLAB Snap™tool, overview images of the scalp in the forehead, temple and back of the head are taken as well as several microscopic images for each area. With a click of the mouse the images are transferred to the secure TrichoLAB server and evaluated there.
TrichoLAB studio™ is the first device combining standardized global imaging and precise microphotography both for surgical and non-surgical use. The FotoFinder portrait stand with unique PolFlash lighting system guarantees reproducible scalp photography. It can be swiveled 180° from left to right and allows you to take impressive cross-polarized global pictures to visualize the areas affected by hair loss (frontal, temporal, occipital, vertex, temple). In addition, the medicam or leviacam camera provides you with brilliant trichoscopic photos.
With the TrichoLAB TransPlanner™ you can design hair transplants fast and precisely. Based on trichoscopy examination and standardized clinical images, it objectively calculates the available grafts in the donor area as well as the needed ones in the recipient area for an optimal result. TransPlanner™provides you with the following information:
- Total number of grafts
- Available number of grafts
- Needed number of grafts
- Density of harvesting and inserting
The technology saves you and your patient time and quickly quantifies whether a surgery will be successful. All that at the very initial visit, without shaving the patient!
Polarized global photography and trichoscopy
Brilliant consistent baseline and follow-up images and
optical super-high precision trichoscopy
Long hair microscopy assessment
assessment with Smart Count
with SELF or LAB assessment
Second Trichoscopy Opinion
from random or chosen expert
Short hair microscopy
assessment with Instant Count
with Virtual Tattoo® technology
- Matthew Harries, Antonella Tosti, Wilma Bergfeld, Ulrike Blume-Peytavi, Jerry Shapiro, Gerhard Lutz, Andrew Messenger, Rodney Daniel Sinclair, Ralf Paus. 2015. Towards a consensus on how to diagnose and quantify female pattern hair loss – The ‘Female Pattern Hair Loss Severity Index (FPHL-SI)’. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology 12/2015
- Justyna Sicinska, Michal Kasprzak, Elzbieta Kowalska-Oledzka, Irena Walecka. 2015. Precision in TRICHOSCOPY. EADV Autumn Symposium, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Justyna Sicinska, Michal Kasprzak, Irena Walecka. 2015. Hair Diameter Assessment in TRICHOSCOPY – Novel Approach. EADV Spring Symposium, Valencia, Spain, Volume: 12
- Adriana Rakowska, Monika Slowinska, Malgorzata Olszewska, Lidia Rudnicka. 2014. New Trichoscopy Findings in Trichotillomania: Flame Hairs, V-sign, Hook Hairs, Hair Powder, Tulip Hairs. Acta Dermato-Venereologica 94(3): 303-306.
- Lidia Rudnicka, Malgorzata Olszewska, Adriana Rakowska. 2013. Atlas of Trichoscopy Dermoscopy in Hair and Scalp Disease. Springer Verlag.
- Shigeki Inui. 2013. Trichoscopy: A New Frontier for the Diagnosis of Hair Diseases.
- Lidia Rudnicka, Adriana Rakowska, Marta Kurzeja, Malgorzata Olszewska. 2013. Hair shafts in trichoscopy: clues for diagnosis of hair and scalp diseases. Dermatologic Clinics 31(4): 695-708.
- Lidia Rudnicka, Adriana Rakowska, Malgorzata Olszewska. 2013. Trichoscopy: how it may help the clinician. Dermatologic Clinics 31(1): 29-41.
- Mariya Miteva, Antonella Tosti. 2012. Hair and scalp dermatoscopy. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 67, no. 5:1040–1048.
- Elzbieta Kowalska-Oledzka, Monika Slowinska, Adriana Rakowska, Joanna Czuwara, Justyna Sicinska, Malgorzata Olszewska, Lidia Rudnicka. 2012. 'Black dots' seen under trichoscopy are not specific for alopecia areata. Clinical and experimental dermatology 2012 Aug;37(6): 615-9.
- Adriana Rakowska, Monika Slowinska, Elzbieta Kowalska-Oledzka, Olga Warszawik, Joanna Czuwara, Malgorzata Olszewska, Lidia Rudnicka. 2012. Trichoscopy of cicatricial alopecia. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology 11(6): 753-758.
- Lidia Rudnicka, Malgorzata Olszewska, Adriana Rakowska, Elzbieta Kowalska-Oledzka, Monika Slowinska. 2008. Trichoscopy: a new method for diagnosing hair loss. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology 7 (7): 651–654.
- Adriana Rakowska. 2009. Trichoscopy (hair and scalp videodermoscopy) in the healthy female. Method standardization and norms for measurable parameters. Journal of Dermatological Case Reports 3 (1): 14–19.
- Adriana Rakowska, Monika Slowinska, Elzbieta Kowalska-Oledzka, Lidia Rudnicka. 2008. Trichoscopy in genetic hair shaft abnormalities. Journal of Dermatological Case Reports 2 (2): 14–20.
- Lidia Rudnicka, Malgorzata Olszewska, Magdalena Majsterek, Joanna Czuwara, Monika Slowinska. 2006. Presence and future of dermoscopy. Expert Review of Dermatology 1 (6): 769.
- Ross, EK; Vincenzi, C; Tosti, A. 2006. Videodermoscopy in the evaluation of hair and scalp disorders. Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 55 (5): 799–806.
- Malgorzata Olszewska, Lidia Rudnicka. 2005. Effective treatment of female androgenic alopecia with dutasteride. Journal of Drugs in Dermatology 4 (5): 637–640.